Like many working parents, my week can often feel like a whirlwind of school runs, business meetings and grocery shopping, a quick dash to a yoga class, with a few appointments, after school clubs and birthday parties thrown in for good measure!
And in amongst all this I do a full time job too!
So how do you keep on top of it all? Do you trust to luck and a good memory, or do you take advantage of everything the technological age has to offer? The latter option gets my vote!
You may already use the calendar on your smartphone, but it can still be all too easy to miss things when there are so many family members to keep up with and both you and your partner are juggling complex lives, independently and together.
Most businesses use a shared calendar facility across their teams, so it’s not a stretch of the imagination to see how this might help make it possible to plan, organise and synchronise family life too. A favourite tool of ours here at Pink Spaghetti is Google Calender.
There are so many benefits to using Google Calendar:
- Many internet enabled calendar services allow users to only view entries, but Google Calendar allows users on any of the linked devices to create and update them as well.
- Scheduling is so much easier if you know there and then when everyone is free or busy – no more double bookings!
- If, like me, you like to receive reminders, you can choose to be notified by email or receive text messages sent to your mobile phone.
- Everyone can access the calendars on the go, and you can check your calendar wherever you are because there is offline access too.
- You can choose to share calendars with whoever you like; if having your childminder or dog walker included makes sense to you, go for it!
But don’t forget, even if you become the most synchronised family on the planet but still struggle to fit everything in – you can give Pink Spaghetti a call! Pass those necessary but tedious and time consuming tasks to us and free up your precious time for something more rewarding!
Written by Pink Spaghetti South Hampshire